This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase from one of these links I will get a commission.
Now that you are an empty nester and the house is your own, it’s a perfect time to focus back on your primary relationship: your marriage.
I know you still have busy lives and are involved with work, friends, hobbies, and charity work. But don’t take that relationship with your honey for granted. If the spark seems to have dimmed and you want to fan the flames a bit (or a lot!) make intentional time to reconnect a priority.
One of the most fun ways to do this is with date night. Now that you are an empty nester, date nights can be a bit less structured. Date mornings. Date afternoons. Date days. Date weekends. Date vacations. You are truly only limited by your imagination.
Check out these fun and simple empty nester date night ideas:
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.—Mignon McLaughlin
Empty Nester Date Ideas
- Re-create your first date
- Visit the Farmer’ Market and hold hands while you shop
- Visit the thrift store together and spend no more than $10 each buying gifts for each other
- Set up a tent and camp in the backyard or the living room or the bedroom
- Make homemade pizza together and watch a movie on the couch while you eat
- Make a bucket list together
- Go for a drive with nowhere particular in mind, flip a coin at each intersection heads-turn right, tails-turn left
- Build a fire in the fireplace or the backyard and roast marshmallows together (bonus points for feeding each other the marshmallows!)
- Take a bubble bath together
- Play a board game
- Make a time capsule
- Go stargazing (this is a perfect opportunity for some making out)
- Go on a nature walk and hold hands
- Go dancing or stay home and have your own at-home dance party
- Look through your old photo albums together
Final Thoughts on 15 Amazing Empty Nester Date Ideas
If the kids are gone and it’s just the two of you and you’re feeling a bit disconnected and like you don’t even know each other anymore, don’t worry. Take some time, be intentional about it and remember why you fell in love with that adorable hunk in the first place with some empty nester dating ideas!
Read More About Empty Nester Date Ideas
- 30 Fun and Flirty Date Ideas for Empty Nester Couples
- 45+ Creative and Free Date Night Ideas
- 10 Ways Empty Nesters Can Spend Their Time
Do you have a regular date night? Why or why not? Let me know in the comments below.
Simplicity is making the journey of this life with just baggage enough.Charles Dudley Warner
P.S. If you enjoyed this post on empty nest date night ideas, pin and comment please =)